Joyous occasion! My oven works and I am back in the cookie making business! Just in time for World Nutella Day!
Nutella is like a staple in my house. We even buy it in bulk from Sam’s Club. It’s one of those things that I need in my pantry even if I go a week without eating any. I’m going to share with you one of my favorite recipes. I hope you can enjoy these babies as much as we do!
Recipe originally from Lovin’ From the Oven
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (1 stick), at room temp.
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside dry ingredients.
- Cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Add chocolate chips.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Drop tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes until the edges look set. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then carefully remove to cooling racks.
If you celebrate World Nutella Day and have a recipe to share I would love to see it. Leave a link in the comments so I can further delight in the hazelnut-chocolate glory!