Then my friend Liz, a woman I’ve known since high school and adore for her determination and optimism, puts in her vote: “BBQ pork pasta sounds like the most disgusting food in existence, and also 100% American.” I laughed so loud juice came from my nose. Then scoffed ’cause she’s just a pig hater. Racist.
(I’m kidding there ^ I hope you can hear the sarcasm through your eyeballs.)
Oh, but them my mom sent me this gem and I’m thinking “Ew that’s probably gross because it sounds retarded!” Well, like I told Liz, can’t knock it til you try it…
It’s way better than my photo…
Boiled Peanut Hummus
- 1 cup shelled boiled peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- Put first 7 in a food processor and process until coarsely shopped stopping occasionally to spoon down sides.
- With the processor running, slowly add olive oil through the top chute.
- Stir up to 5 tbsp water, 1 tbsp at a time, for desired consistency.
- Mix in sesame seeds. (I didn’t actually do this because I couldn’t justify buy sesame seeds.)
Serve with rice crackers, veggies, or pitas (or pita chips!).
I’m not a huge fan of peanut butter and I think next time I’ll add less. That didn’t stop me from devouring it though. Good job, mom. A+ recipe share!