That title is a mouthful, right? I love this recipe because it encompasses lots of things I love and some lifestyle choices I’ve made through motherhood. Here’s a no bake version of lactation boosting cookies that I’ve changed into a safe alternative for mamas who go dairy-free like me. 🙂
Dairy-Free No Bake Lactation Cookies
- 2 cups sugar (you could be fancy like me and use vanilla bean sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 cup rice milk
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp. brewer’s yeast
- 1 cup flaxseed (meal or ground)
- 1 cup crushed walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Set up cookie sheets with wax paper before you begin.
- Mix oats, brewer’s yeast, flaxmeal, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Bring first four ingredients to a roaring boil. Set the timer for one minute and boil in order to have the ingredients work properly in getting the cookies to set.
- Mix in peanut butter and vanilla. Dump into oat mixture and stir quickly and thoroughly.
- Spoon onto cookie sheets and let completely cool.
You can also smush the entire mixture flat in your cookie sheet and let cool overnight int he fridge, then use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.
They are pretty solid once they cool down, but if you hold onto them they can get quite messy. I keep my cookies in a tupperware in the fridge just to be safe, but you can also put them in a tin to gift. Just don’t leave them near the stove or in warm temperatures.
Enjoy your cookies and your baby!