Ahhh spring! A time for butterflies, flowers, and babies. As we rejoice in all the beauty that mother nature has gifted us with, Spring is often a time to celebrate life. As people prepare for festivals of music and road trips, the season is often kicked off with my favorite type of gathering: birth and baby expos!
“The Natural Birth and Baby Expo is a unique event for the whole family. This year’s Expo will include: a baby wearing pavilion where you can try on different types of carriers, raffles and giveaways, a walk through home birth exhibit, special speaker presentation for expecting and established parents, and an appearance by the locally famous “Barefoot Bus.” Mingle with midwives and doulas, check out the amazing vendors, entertainers, and play spaces.”
This is the first time I’ll be attending the Tampa Bay Natural Birth and Baby Expo, but I’m excited because I’ve had lots of time to network with the local community this past year. Birth and Baby Expos are always a fun place for parents and parents-to-be. This year the Natural Birth and Baby Expo is at a better facility (apparently last year got really crowded), so I’ve been asked to spread the word and invite everyone to take part in this amazing event!
Here are some things to look forward to:
- The Great Cloth Diaper Change
- A Baby Wearing Pavilion where parents can learn from experienced baby wearers, try on different carriers and make new friends
- Special guest speaker presentations including Hilary Flower (author of Adventures in Tandem Nursing), Shannon Mitchell, and Lauren Johnson
- A fenced playground and large field where big kids can get out all of their energy
- Expo vendors including midwives, birth centers, doulas, educators, photographers, nutrition and fitness experts, natural product retailers, chiropractors, family service providers, non-profit educational organizations and more!
- A drum circle, face painting, belly art and balloon animals
- Raffles and Goody Bags
WHEN: Saturday, April 26 at 11:00am
WHERE: Corbett Preparatory School of IDS, 12015 Orange Grove Drive, Tampa, FL 33618
RSVP: Invite your friends on Facebook to tag along, too!
Brought to you by…
You can learn more about the Expo and all of the deets (that’s “details” in hap-mama speak) by visiting the Tampa Bay Birth Network site.
Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored, rather I volunteered to publicly take part in promoting this event. Birth and babies are awesome, yo!